Welp folks, fall is finally here! I love the crisp air and changing colors, but what I especially love is DECORATING! I searched everywhere (and I mean EVERYWHERE) for a wreath for the front door, but couldn't find one I loved and didn't want to spend more than $10.00. So, I decided to make one. And it cost me less than $6.00 so.. obviously I had to share!
Here's what I did:
Floral Fall Felt Wreath
Wanna learn how to make the wreath?
I knew you would!!
Here's what you need:
1. Glue Gun
2. Felt sheets, 4 different colors,2 of each.
(Joann's @ .24cents per sheet)
3. One Grapevine wreath (Walmart $3.50!)
1. Cut felt into strips (Mine are about 1 1/2 inches wide)
REMEMBER: They don't need to be perfect, that's the beauty of this project!
2. Take one strip, and roll about 1/2 way like this:
3. Grab the unrolled end and twist- then wrap around rolled portion.
4. Roll the twisted portion just like you did before & Glue:
5. Do this with all of the strips ( it takes patience and a bit of time) making individual flowers.
6. Put a glob of hot glue at the base, and place on the wreath.
I grouped mine like this:
(to make multi-colored flowers, just layer two different strips)
7. Continue gluing and placing flowers
8. Hang and enjoy!
Pretty easy and inexpensive, huh?
Show me the money:
Wreath $3.50 + Felt $1.92 = $5.42 + tax
Hope you enjoy your new autumn wreath!!